• The time change for Daylight Savings Time kicked my butt. It’s been more than two weeks, and I still haven’t recovered from losing that hour.
• Spring is taking its time getting here. We had another snowstorm last weekend. Thankfully, yesterday finished melting it all off. What a beautiful day we had! Today it’s back to being damp and dreary, but I’m inside quilting, so it’s all OK.
• Just in the last 10 days, My Cowboy has:
Slammed his finger in the door of the chore truck.
Gotten kicked in the knee by our bull.
Stayed up all night with a stomach ache one night.
Burned his hand on the stove.
Spent one evening in the ER (not because of the bull).
And yesterday, came home from his horseback ride, with both him and his horse all bloodied up. Everyone’s all right — did you know little cuts seems to bleed the most? And while they weren’t detained and arrested for destruction of property, My Cowboy still wagers that they were probably the talk of the neighborhood last night.
And now I cringe every time he leaves the house. I’m almost afraid for him to even get out of bed!
• Obviously, I survived my time on Pat Sloan’s radio show Monday afternoon. It was actually quite fun, and if you haven’t listened yet, you can still catch it here: American Patchwork & Quilting Radio.
• A couple weeks ago, I pieced and quilted this quick little baby quilt for Dear Stella using their new Honeycrisp collection, and the “Marbles” quilt pattern by It’s Sew Emma. The pattern is from their first book, just out, called “Simply Fat Quarters”. Click HERE to read more about the quilt, the fabric (my favorite piece is the owls print), and for a link to where you can get the book. The instructions are wonderful, and the quilt is so easy and quick to make. It’s offered in 4 different sizes, too.
• It’s gonna be a busy week around here next week, too. Check in Monday for the 350 Blocks Project’s March report.
• And be sure and come back on Tuesday, when I’ll be posting my block for Kim’s “My Favorite Block” Quilt-Along.
• Tomorrow, I have to bake a cake so we can go have Easter supper at my sister’s. Everyone have a great Easter weekend!