It’s time once again for a 350 Blocks Report!
How did you do this month?
The weather has been nicer, so we’ve been getting outside more. It’s time to clean up after winter makes such a mess, and we’ve been (as usual) re-building and re-arranging some things around here. You’d be bored if I listed all the projects we’ve done, but I do promise some Ranger photos soon, since his birthday is fast approaching!
And in the studio, I’ve still been cleaning and re-arranging as well. I’m finally starting to be able to tell a difference. Things are looking better. It’s still going terribly slowly, but at least it’s going. Besides, I lost an hour to the time change.
In March, I managed to make 55 blocks! It could have been more, given the amount of sewing I did, but a LOT of the sewing I did was setting blocks together to finish up quilt tops, and preparing backings and bindings for those tops. I always say: At some point, all those blocks you make need to be set into quilt tops! Evidently, I get stymied at that point a lot of the time!
While cleaning, I found lots of projects that were so close to done that I made the effort to just get them finished instead of continuing to shuffle them around. I think I’ve shown most of them to you, but here’s a recap . . .
I added the final rows to this quilt to make it bigger, so I’m counting each row as a block, for an additional 8 blocks to get this top finished (this is a photo before I added the rows):
I finally got 8 blocks of my Limerick quilt put together. I have a long way to go yet:
I made 17 more tiny HST blocks for this scrap quilt:
I made 4 more wild 9-patch blocks, 5 little Churn Dash blocks, and 3 more Snowball blocks:
I found some random squares partially sewn together in a drawer, so I sewed them together into this little 25-patch. I’ll probably throw it into an orphan block quilt someday, or go completely nuts and start another Postage Stamp quilt, even tho I still haven’t finished the first one I have going! And speaking of Postage Stamp quilts, you have to see Deanna’s that she just finished. She did hers in a timely fashion, while I started mine in June of 2011, and am still not very far along.
I’m counting the extra work I did on this quilt to finish it up as 2 blocks:
And I made 7 blocks I can’t show you just yet (dang that secret sewing)!
And now it’s your turn to report in. It’s always so inspiring to hear what you’ve been working on and what you’ve gotten accomplished!
I’ve got the Project Page updated with our totals as of this morning, and our new block goal for April, which is 30 blocks, for a year-so-far total of 105. I’m happy that I’ve been staying ahead of the game so far this year, since that may come to a screeching halt based on the deadlines of others later in the year!
Our prize winner for February is Sharon K., who is already up to 118 blocks, so she really doesn’t even need to sew this month if she doesn’t want to!
I’m looking forward to your comments, and I’m wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful Easter weekend, and a lovely sewing month of April!