I’m back today to show you a few quilts I finished back in March. But I only just finished the binding on all of them last week.
I took them out and pinned them to the fence around the goat pen Saturday morning. We finally had a day that wasn’t so windy. Had I tried this on a different day, the quilts might have ended up in the next county!
There are four lap- and wheelchair-sized quilts, ready to go:
For all of these quilts, I used fabric from my stash for the backings and bindings. I also used up leftover batting pieces, since they’re small and I had some pieces that worked just perfectly. It’s all helping me to use up stuff around here and get this place cleared out. They were all quilted with a simple all-over meander — my go-to design to finish up “usin’ quilts” quickly!
Here they are, closer up, with details, if you’re interested in any of the patterns . . .
Royal Stars — guild members made these blocks, and I ended up with 11, so I made one more to have 12 blocks that I could set 3 x 4. The block is a 12″ block, and the pattern is free HERE. This quilt finished up at 36″ x 48″. I really love the block with the flamingo in it!
Autumn Daze — I made a larger version of this quilt, but this last bunch of blocks, I sewed together wrong, so I kept them separate, finished the original quilt a bit smaller, and made these leftovers into a wheelchair quilt. This quilt finished 32″ x 40″.
Here’s the original larger quilt. It’s hard to tell, but there is a right and wrong way to join the units, and I screwed up one whole set of mine, so that’s why I ended up with two separate quilts! This is from a pattern called “Autumn Daze” from a Kaffe Fasset book I have (I can’t remember which book, but I’m sure it’s an old one, cos this was a really old UFO!)
Dashing — another one that guild members made the blocks for. This block is a 10″ block, and the pattern for it is free HERE. This little quilt ended up 30″ x 40″. Again, I think I had 11 blocks and had to make one more so I could set them 3 x 4.
And this last one was made from a lot of leftover 2 1/2″ squares from another project. I just sewed them all together to use them all up. Then I used the leftover large pieces from the same prints for the backing and binding. This little quilt measures 32″ x 34″.
So that’s my little quilt show for today. I’m not sure when our guild will get to start meeting again, but I have a stack of quilts ready for them when we do! And I keep adding to it, so if I get some more finished, I’ll be sure to show them to you later on.
I hope you’ve all been staying in and staying safe, and that you’ve been able to get a lot of sewing done!
I made a few face masks for my family, but quickly ran out of elastic, so I switched to using THIS tutorial to make more with string ties. They go fast. They go even faster when you use up your stash of pre-made double-fold bias binding for the strings!