Well, it’s time . . .
Time to wrap up this past year’s 350 Blocks Project, so we can get started on 2015 — Woohoo!
I’m sure you’re all anxious to know who the winners are, but before I announce them, I’d like to present a few statistics regarding this past year’s Project.
• 2014’s Project was the largest group yet, with 72 participants signed up!
• Of those 72, we had 61 actively reporting participants.
• Of those 61 active participants, 35 of us made it past the 350 mark (some of you waaay past).
• The greatest number of blocks made by a participant was 1396 blocks, made by Kathleen F. That’s a lot of sewing, folks!
• Andrea O. ran a close second, making 1288 blocks. She’s a marvel — Especially since most of her blocks are already made into finished quilts!
• Janet V. came in third with 1138 blocks. Janet says block making keeps her out of trouble. If it takes that many blocks to keep her out of trouble . . . well, I’m just sayin’ . . . !
• The average number of blocks made by the group each month was 2164.
• The total number of blocks made by all of us as a group was 25,974! Wow! We are a block-making force to be reckoned with!
Now, about those prizes . . .
First, I need to announce the December monthly prize winner, and that is:
And for the wrap-up prizes . . .
The Grand Prize was drawn at random from among all those who made it to the goal of completing at least 350 blocks this year.
And our Grand Prize winner is:
Julie ended the year with 638 blocks. Not bad! Almost double the goal.
And there are three other prize packages as well, drawn at random from among everyone who participated, no matter how many blocks you got finished. And they are:
Barbara De. (254 blocks)
Heather P. (193 blocks)
Bobbi (780 blocks)
And a huge HUGE thank you to all of you for participating, and taking the time to count your blocks and report in a total, and playing along. It’s been fun! I’m glad that the consensus is that we all want to do it again.
I’ll be back on Monday to announce the start of the next round, and get the page updated and start signups, so be counting your blocks and get ready!