Finally, after way more days than I thought it would take, and many, many hours of work later, the new web site is live! Woohoo!
Have a look around and please let me know what you think.
I’ve tried to bring over all the best information from the old site and update it. In addition, I hope I’ve made it easier to navigate so you can find more stuff faster and easier.
I’ve also added some new stuff because with a new site comes new features!
Here’s some of the things to take note of:
• I’ve provided a page with all the download links to my free patterns. Just click on the Other Stuff menu and it’s one of the drop-downs from there.
• I’ve also linked to all my free tutorials in one handy place. If you hover over the Free Patterns menu, you’ll see the link to them.
• I’ve imported all the recipes from the old Prairie Moon Ranch Cookbook as blog posts, then sorted them into categories with the links posted under each category. Hopefully, this will make it easier for you to find the recipe you’re looking for, or if you haven’t ever browsed the cookbook, it’ll be easy to browse and see what’s out there.
• I’ve added and updated some of our favorite links to other places. I’ll be adding more to these as I get time. I’ve also added links to all the charities we support.
• Across the bottom of the home page, I’ll be featuring various things that are new, current, and going on right now, so keep your eye on those for all the latest news.
• If you click on the News From the Ranch heading, you’ll be taken to the latest post on what’s happening around here, so you won’t miss out on anything important!
• I’ve also put in a page that lists my upcoming classes, workshops, lectures, and travels, so if you’d like to come to a class, you’ll know where to sign up. Or if you’re going to be in the same place as me at the same time, we could meet and say hi. I always enjoy meeting my online friends in real life.
• I’ve put the information for the Necktie Social in its own menu, and although I’ve been horribly lax about working on this project lately, I hope to pick up and get going on it again soon. We have lots of work to do!
• There’s a link to shopping information for my patterns and kits, and a separate menu for wholesale information if you’re a quilt shop and want to carry my patterns.
• And . . . I’ve added a page for my longarm business, and you can click on the Examples submenu to see and read about some of the quilts I’ve quilted. I’m sure this will get updated regularly, because I’ve been doing lots of quilting!
• Oh, and one last thing. If you look closely at the bottom of the home page, you’ll see a quote from My Cowboy. I’m gonna try to post a new one each week. Since he spouts such eternal wisdom and sage advice, I figure it’s only fair to share some of it with you on a regular basis. And it’s usually good for a laugh!
I’m sure I’ll be adding, fixing, tweaking, and updating lots more over the next couple weeks, and then I hope to settle into some sort of maintenance and regular updates pattern. If you notice anything that doesn’t work right or is broken, please let me know as soon as possible.
Remember, if you’ve linked to me on your blog or site at my previous blog, please change the link to this new site: www.prairiemoonquilts.com
I’m not removing the old blog or any of those posts, so if you need to visit the archives for something previous, just click HERE.
I think that’s all I can tell you for now. Take a look around and let me know what you think.